Frequently Asked Questions
We will do our best to make sure this section is updated to answer your questions quickly and efficiently.
1) When can I purchase tickets for Chilifest?
Go to the ticket info page for locations.
2) What is the order of the entertainment lineup?
3) What happens Friday, April 5th, and is there entertainment?
Friday night is for chili team members only and is not open to the general public. See entertainment for the lineup on Friday night.
4) How much are children’s tickets?
Children’s tickets are the same price. However, Chilifest is loud and crowded and, in the past, some parents have regretted bringing children along.
5) Can teams be together?
We are usually able to accommodate teams so that they are together. When you have paid for your spot, we will send you information which will tell you how teams can be placed together.
6) Can I bring an RV or travel trailer to Chilifest?
Our current situation with RV’s is as follows… We cleared a small lot directly across the street from the event grounds for RV’s. The price of an RV lot pass is $200 in advance, as we are providing security for the RV lot for the duration of Chilifest. If you come without having paid it will be $250/pass. No hookups will be provided. The lot is located across 3058 from the event grounds. We will allow you to bring an RV and park in the RV lot anytime before 11:00 p.m. Thursday, April 7th. If you arrive anytime after the allotted time, you will not be allowed to park in the RV parking lot. Any RV’s brought in on that Friday will not be allowed in, NO EXCEPTIONS. In order to receive the advanced price RV pass you will need to have bought and paid for it by Tuesday, April 2nd at midnight. To purchase an RV pass online click on the “Buy Tickets” button on the home page.
7) Can teams bring alcohol on Friday?
Yes. Its BYOB. Only beer will be allowed in. The beer must be canned and brought in under your own power. Boxed wine in its original package, and un-tampered will be allowed in. Carts, wagons, and dolleys can be used. Absolutely NO glass, kegs, or liquor. Any questions on what might be allowed in or not, please see Chilifest Team Rules and Regulations or email us.
8) How much will beer cost on Saturday?
Caldwell’s VFW post will be selling 16oz beers for $4 on Saturday until 6pm.
9) Where are the nearest hotels located?
The nearest hotels are 15 miles away in College Station. There are also hotels in Caldwell as well as Somerville. There are many to choose from in both towns.
10) Can a person be a captain for multiple teams?
No. Each separate team needs a different captain.
11) When do the gates open and close?
On Friday, gates open at 12 noon and close at midnight. Absolutely no entries or re-entries will be allowed after midnight. On Saturday, gates open at 10 AM and close when the last performer has finished their set.
12) If I’m not on a chili team, can I still come on Friday?
No. Friday is for chili team members ONLY.
13) What can we bring in on Saturday?
No food, drinks, ice, or any prohibited items allowed in Saturday. Camping chairs, umbrellas, etc are advisable.
14) What can we bring in on Friday?
See the Chilifest Team Entry Form for a full list of what is allowed and not allowed on Friday. No glass, liquor or kegs!
15) I’m planning on checking in on Thursday, but my buddy has some more stuff to bring out later. Can we do that?
No. When you check in, you must have everything together. No one can bring items at a later time.
16) What should our team bring to check in on Thursday?
Make sure whoever is checking in the team has the complete Chilifest Team Waiver Form. It is advised to only bring bulky items (i.e. trailers, pits, couches, etc.) on Thursday. Things like drinks, food, coolers, chairs, radios, and tents should be carried in on foot on Friday. ABSOLUTELY NO BEER ALLOWED IN ON THURSDAY. Also note that, due to EPA regulations, we have to dispose of couches through our expenses to Texas Commercial Waste as of 2008. Therefore, we will be charging a fee of $20/ per couch brought into Chilifest.
17) Will ice be sold at Chilifest or should we bring our own?
Giant 40lb bags of ice will be sold for $10 on both Friday and Saturday. Only ice used for food storage will be allowed through on Friday.
NO ICE CAN BE BROUGHT IN ON SATURDAY.
18) How can we add people to our team?
See the Chilifest Team Add-On Form tells how to get members added to a team.
19) One of our members can’t make it to Chilifest. Can we add someone in their place?
Sure. Just change the name on the waiver form.
20) I want to be a vendor at Chilifest. How do I do that?
Email us, but currently we do not have any more vending spaces available this year.
21) I bought tickets online using ExtremeTix. How do I get them?
Look for the big ticket tent outside the entrance at Chilifest. Go to the “Will Call” line and show the credit card (as well as Drivers License) you used to purchase the ticket and they will give you your tickets.
22) Are tickets still on sale?
General Admission Tickets will be available until April 6th for $30. On April 6th, you may purchase tickets at the gate for $35.
V.I.P. Tickets are limited to the first 150 people who purchase them for $120 which includes general admission plus these great V.I.P. benefits. Don’t delay, these will sell out quickly.
23) Do I have to be 21 to enjoy Chilifest?
No, there is no age limit. Parents be aware that Chilifest does attract a college age crowd.
24) I am an out of town team captain. How do I register my team??
We are accepting out of town teams. Please fill out the Chilifest Team Application with all your information and enclose payment in the form of check or money order. Only teams requests postmarked before or on February 20th, 2013 will be accepted. Be sure to provide a return address and instructions on how you would like to take delivery of your tickets. Your tickets will be available at will-call. Any questions feel free to contact us.
25) Will there be food available on Friday and Saturday?
Food will be available for purchase on both Friday and Saturday from various food vendors.
26) BE SURE TO WATCH ROAD SIGNS CAREFULLY. CHILIFEST IS NOT OFF FM 60, BUT IT IS OFF FM 3058. TAKE A RIGHT ONTO FM 3058 FROM FM 60